Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Grandmother’s recipe, we called her “Nana Mae”. They lived the farm my grandfather and father were born on in the “tip of the thumb” of Michigan. We spent all our vacations there and every summer we knew she’d have cookies for us waiting in the pantry. Some years we got lucky and she put chocolate chips in them, but mostly we knew they’d have raisins because they were “good for us.”
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter & sugars well -- till light and flufy.
- Add eggs & vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour sifted with the salt and soda.
- Add oats & raisins.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a GREASED cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees 12 - 15 minutes. (Less if you like soft cookies).