Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe in my Fannie Farmer cookbook that I picked up at a yardsale for a BUCK! It's older than dirt, and is all taped together but the recipe's are AWSOME! This is also word for word what my Nana's recipe card is for Scalloped Potatoes. Want it in all it's Glory? Seach 'Zaar' for "Nana Hassard's Original Scalloped Potatoes". I only do the Full Fat Version for the Holidays....
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- "Pam" the whole inside of a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Mix salt, pepper & flour.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole with a single layer of potatoes.
- Spray Pam on top of the layer and then sprinkle a portion of the flour mix in top.
- Repeat steps until all of the potato slices are used. Sprat a generous amount of Pam on the top.
- Pour milk over the potato slices until the top is almost covered.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft.