Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe in my Fannie Farmer cookbook that I picked up at a yardsale for a BUCK! It's older than dirt, and is all taped together but the recipe's are AWSOME! This is also word for word what my Nana's recipe card is for Scalloped Potatoes. Want it Fat Free? Seach 'Zaar' for "Nana Hassard's Fat Free Scalloped Potatoes". I only do the Full Fat Version for the Holidays....
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole with a single layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, flour and a few dots of butter.
- Repeat until all of the potato slices are used.
- Pour milk over the potato slices until the top is almost covered.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft.
This was totally delicious! And everyone in my family enjoyed it, which is not always easy to accomplish. The creamy mixture tenderized the potatoes quite nicely, and it turned out perfect. It's really easy to prepare, too. So it's not difficult to have such a wonderful dish on the table, to make a busy weeknight dinner feel a little more special. Thanks for sharing your recipe, BratGyrl. I made it for one of my Pick-A-Chef choices, and I'm really glad I did.
Easy and delicious. I cooked covered for about 1/2 the time because the potatoes weren't covered by the milk and I didn't want to add more. Also, I used about 1/2 the butter and added browned kielbasa for a one-dish meal. I guess I'll try the fat-free version next!
Easy to prepare and very tasty. I used unpeeled red potatoes. I added a bit too much milk, so will watch that next time. Went great with a pork roast. Made for Best of 2011 game.