This is a recipe in my Fannie Farmer cookbook that I picked up at a yardsale for a BUCK! It's older than dirt, and is all taped together but the recipe's are AWSOME! This is also word for word what my Nana's recipe card is for Scalloped Potatoes. Want it Fat Free? Seach 'Zaar' for "Nana Hassard's Fat Free Scalloped Potatoes". I only do the Full Fat Version for the Holidays....
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole with a single layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, flour and a few dots of butter.
- Repeat until all of the potato slices are used.
- Pour milk over the potato slices until the top is almost covered.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft.