1 hr 5 mins
Queer Eye in the Kitchen Guy's Note:
My Czechoslovakian Nana Edith used to make these every Summer. We'd look forward to her call telling us she found ripe peaches, & to please come to lunch. She taught my mother to make them & she taught me. They may take a little practice & patience, but are well worth it! We still make a meal of them, but are great after a big salad or small dinner. I usually use only four large peaches since the dough is the best part! Can be served hot, cold, or room temp. They can also be made smaller with apricots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 -5 tablespoons cream or 4 -5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1Stir together flour, eggs and four tablespoons of the cream until a stiff dough forms, just holds together.
- 2Add more cream ONLY if the dough isn't holding together.
- 3Mix in salt, sugar & the melted butter.
- 4Knead on floured board until smooth, about 8-10 times.
- 5Cover with a warm bowl and let rest for 1/2 hour.
- 6Put a LARGE pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- 7Wash and dry peaches, but DO NOT PEEL OR PIT!
- 8After dough has rested, cut into four equal pieces.
- 9Flatten& stretch each piece of dough around one peach.
- 10Make sure entire peach is covered& there are no holes!
- 11Place dumplings in boiling water, cover & cook for 20 minutes.
- 12Remove with slotted spoon, drain well & put each peach in its own bowl.
- 13Split the dumplings with two forks.
- 14We leave the pits in for presentation, but they can be taken out.
- 15Drizzle each dumpling with cinnamon sugar & clarified butter to taste.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana Edith's Peach Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.1
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 252.0 mg
- Sodium 534.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g