Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I lost my Nana April 2nd 2004; she made this dish for me every time I was sick. In my house we simply call it "Favorite"; that's its name.
- 2 lbs hamburger, browned and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato soup, no milk or water
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, left over ok
- 5 slices cheddar cheese, broken into strips
- 2 (8 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- Brown and drain hamburger. Place hamburger in a 9x13 baking dish. Mix tomato soup with hamburger. Pour corn over hamburger mixture. Cover mixture with the mashed potatoes (leftover or freshly made is fine). Cover potato with cheese strips making sure to cover as much of it as you can.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese starts to bubble, approximately 30 minutes. Be careful not to burn the cheese.
- We have a large family; this recipe can be cut in half to downsize it for a smaller family.
- Be warned this recipe is even better as a leftover!
I halved the recipe and it worked out beautifully. True comfort food and the leftovers are even better (as promised). I'll definitely be making this again. Made for Cookbooks Tag. Thanks for sharing your Nana's recipe with us.
Fabulous, down-to-earth, old fashioned home cooking! I halved the recipe because this makes too much for us. I always have these ingredients around. We really enjoyed this!