Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Well, this recipe is 25 years old. I created this recipe for my youngest son at the time. He was a very picky eater and had allergies to most things so suffice to say the Banana Bread was a good substitute for candy and etc at the time. I particularly like this formula because of it's simplicity and I have yet to find one that I like in comparison. It will always be moist and surely never last long. I have even taken to sending it to him when he went away to university. Thank God for couriers! I have changed the additions as the years progressed simply because I like nuts and variables from time to time.
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mash bananas with lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 325* preheated oven.
- Delicious served with warm walnut/almond butter.
- For a change try adding2 tblsp of peanut butter to the bananas. Wow! Kids love it.
- May be frozen up to 3 months.
Made it exactly as written (including the walnuts) and loved it! Directions were easy to follow. I will definitely make this again. Thank you for posting! :)
Not sure what recipe the previous reviewer is reading . . .clearly shows sugar and baking powder. Very similar to my banana bread standby and it's yummy!
This recipe was awful. There's no sugar(sweetening) agent, and no rising agent either(like baking soda). I make banana bread a lot, but this time both loaves went into the garbage. Guess I'll be using my old recipe again.