Recipe by Chef Mumsie Moskal
Well, this recipe is 25 years old. I created this recipe for my youngest son at the time. He was a very picky eater and had allergies to most things so suffice to say the Banana Bread was a good substitute for candy and etc at the time. I particularly like this formula because of it's simplicity and I have yet to find one that I like in comparison. It will always be moist and surely never last long. I have even taken to sending it to him when he went away to university. Thank God for couriers! I have changed the additions as the years progressed simply because I like nuts and variables from time to time.
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas with lemon juice.
- Combine all the ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 325* preheated oven.
- Delicious served with warm walnut/almond butter.
- For a change try adding2 tblsp of peanut butter to the bananas. Wow! Kids love it.
- May be frozen up to 3 months.