Recipe by littleturtle
Basic Pakistani wheat bread. Very similar to naan (basic Indian bread). Very easy and goes nicely with curry.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the butter into the warm water until it melts (this should take about 1 minute at the most).
- Stir the yeast and salt in the water/butter mixture until dissolves; then allow the yeast to bloom (10 minutes).
- Stir in honey.
- Gradually work in enough flour to make a soft, workable dough.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead until elastic and smooth.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk (30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead briefly.
- Form into 12 balls.
- Roll each ball out to 1/4-inch thick, and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Turn over onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes (watch closely so they don't brown too much).