Recipe by Um Safia
This really is a Persian classic & is easy to make. This recipe comes from the book New Food of Life by famous Iranian cook & bestselling author Najmieh Batmanglij.
Top Review by Loves2Cook!
Lovely cookie. Enjoyed by all. Agree with previous reviewer. The walnuts must be chopped very finely. I didn't have the problem of the egg yolks settling to the bottom, but I think from a texture stand-point more finely chopped walnuts is better.
- 5 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground pistachios (for decoration)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and walnuts. Beat thoroughly for a few minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat oven to 300°F Grease a cookie sheet. Drop batter by the teaspoonful on the sheet, leaving about 2 1/2 inches between cookies. Decorate each one with ground pistachios.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the center of the oven. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool. Lift the cookies off the sheet.
- Arrange the cookies on a serving dish. Nush-e Jan!