Namora (Semolina Cake - Baklava)
- Cream the butter and one cup sugar. Stir in a 1/2 cup water.
- Sift together the semolina, baking powder, and stir into the butter mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-by-12-inch cake pan and pour in the batter. Spread it evenly with the back of a spoon and then score across the top of the cake. Place an almond in the center of each diamond.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, when the cake should be firm and lightly browned.
- Combine three cups sugar, lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool.
- Pour cooled syrup, spoonfuls at a time, over the hot cake. Stop when the cake will not absorb any more and set the cake aside to cool before serving.