Recipe by nami b
Here is another persian recipe that I modified it to make it much tastier. I tried to make it as healthful as possible. I use one egg yolk out of each two eggs which reduces the amount of cholesterol in this omelette to half. No salt needed, and also I use cooking olive oil, instead of butter. Nutrition facts per serving with out cheese: Calories 270 protein 12gm Carb. 32gm Total Fat 10gm Saturated fat 2gm Monounsaturated 6gm Polyunsaturated 2gm Cholesterol 230mg
Ingredients per person
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole egg
- 30 ml skim milk
- 2 -3 dates
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sesame
- 1 -2 ounce grated fat free mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1 -2 ounce crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon refined cooking olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparation and cooking.
- Crack the eggs into a glass mixing bowl and beat them until they turn to a pale yellow color.
- Add the milk to the eggs and A pinch of cinnamon. Then, grab your whisk and try to beat as much air as possible into the eggs.Cut the pitted dates in half.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Use refined cooking olive 0il or other refined vegetable oil as least as possible. i usually use 5 gram of oil. Avoid oil reaching its smoke point by very high heat.
- When the oil in the pan is hot enough to make a drop of water hiss. put the dates and stir fry for 2 minute.
- Then, pour in the eggs. Don't stir! Let the eggs cook for up to a minute or until the bottom starts to set.
- With a heat-resistant rubber spatula, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath. Repeat with the other edges, until there's no liquid left.
- Your eggs should now resemble a golden pancake, which should easily slide around on the nonstick surface. If it sticks at all, loosen it with your spatula.
- Now gently flip the egg pancake over, using your spatula to ease it over if necessary. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and a small pitch of cinnamon on the top, and if you choose to add feta or mazzorella Cheese it the time.
- Cover your pan and cook for not more that another one minute; just enough to melt down the cheese, and there is no uncooked eggs left. Now enjoy your delicious omelette. .