Recipe by Titanium Chef
A very refreshing taste experience that paired well with a bottle of Gewurztraminer that I wanted to use up. We use the lettuce to make little bundles of the salad. This recipe is from the book "Thai Cooking Class" by Asia Books.
Top Review by brianoc
Very Good rendition of this classic. Would have gotten 5 stars if lettuce was exchanged for cabbage wedges for serving, substitute lime juice for lemon, and increase liquids by 50% to taste, certainly the lime juice, maybe nam pla by a tsp. I make mine spicier but that is always personal. Needs to specify red chilis
- 500 g ground lean pork or 500 g finely chopped pork (~1.1 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced fresh chili
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, fresh
- 2 tablespoons coriander, fresh,chopped,leaves & stems
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- roasted peanuts
- finely sliced ginger
- dried chilies or fresh chili
- coriander sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan place minced pork with water; cook slowly over med heat until pork is cooked through but still tender.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, fish sauce, dried and fresh chili.
- When cooled, add onion, shallots, peanuts, ginger, mint and coriander leaves.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves and garnish with mounds of peanuts, ginger and chili.
- Decorate with mint and coriander sprigs if desired.