Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the classic Thai condiment you always find on a Thai table, whether its a restaurant or home. It is spooned onto everything from fried rice to noodle soups. Tightly sealed, this will keep up to 2 weeks. There are many versions of this sauce, this is the one that my family likes. Feel free to adjust the sour (lime juice), salty (fish sauce), sweet (sugar) or spicy to your liking.
- 5 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 sliced birds eye chiles
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Store in airtight container up to two weeks.
- Serve with Thai Fried rice, grilled meats and satays, noodle soups or even with plain Jasmine rice.
delicious! nice balence of heat, sweet, sour, and salty. Thank you for sharing it!
Awesome concoction, I omitted the brown sugar though. This sauce is very delicious and addicting, I use it almost everyday.
Delicious and simple to make. Next time, I'll up the chiles.