Nam Jim Satay (Thai Peanut Sauce)
- If you wish use peanut butter rather than fresh peanuts.
- First grind or crush the peanuts to a fairly fine powder.
- Then combine them with the remaining ingredients (except the lime juice), to form a smooth sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it with a little chicken stock.
- Now add the lime juice, tasting as you progress to check the balance of flavors is correct.
- Note use red curry paste with beef or pork satay, massaman (as above) with chicken.
- If you are doing shrimp satay then use half the quantity of massaman paste.