Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't had a chance to try this recipe yet. (This is a recipe I adopted from the Zaar account.)
- 4 ounces roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ounce chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste or 1 -2 tablespoon massaman curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 8 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 -6 teaspoons lime juice (to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons palm sugar
- chicken stock, to thin if necessary
- If you wish use peanut butter rather than fresh peanuts.
- First grind or crush the peanuts to a fairly fine powder.
- Then combine them with the remaining ingredients (except the lime juice), to form a smooth sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it with a little chicken stock.
- Now add the lime juice, tasting as you progress to check the balance of flavors is correct.
- Note use red curry paste with beef or pork satay, massaman (as above) with chicken.
- If you are doing shrimp satay then use half the quantity of massaman paste.