William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is an original Ukrainian recipe for their Nalysnyky - pronounced: Nah-less-knee-key. A very tasty roll up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, homogenized
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1TO MAKE CREPES.
- 2In a bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- 3Add milk, water, flour and salt and beat until all ingredients are incorporated and batter is smooth.
- 4Heat a 6 inch frying pan on medium heat.
- 5Butter the pan lightly and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, swirling the pan until the batter spreads evenly in the pan.
- 6Cook crepes on medium heat for about 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- 7Bake on 1 side only, do not turn over.
- 8Continue to cook the crepes, buttering the frying pan each time.
- 9Place the cooked crepes on a platter and keep warm in the oven at 250°F.
- 10TO MAKE CHEESE FILLING.
- 11Place the cottage cheese in a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- 12Transfer the cheese to a mixing bowl.
- 13Add egg yolks, cream salt, and dill weed and mix to blend well.
- 14Remove warmed crepes from the oven and increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- 15Separate and place 1 crepe with the brown side down on a smooth surface.
- 16Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese filling near one edge of the crepe.
- 17Start rolling the crepe over the filling, tuck in each side to prevent the filling from falling out, and continue to roll.
- 18Continue to fill and roll the remaining crepes.
- 19Place the finished nalysnyky into a lightly buttered 13 inch by 9 inch oven proof casserole dish in layers.
- 20Dot each layer with some butter.
- 21Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes.
- 22Serve hot with melted butter, a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nalysnyky (Ukrainian Crepes)
Serving Size: 1 (1232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 165.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g