Recipe by littleturtle
These are really similar to the pancakes/crepes that I had for the first time last week on a studytour in Russia. They can be dessert or breakfast or whatever. There were a lot of options for fillings, mostly it looked like different flavors of jam, but I don't like fruit so I had mine plain there and found this recipe for a cheese filling when I got back home.
- 225 g flour
- 1 egg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 300 ml milk
- 300 ml water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 25 g butter (for greasing the pan)
cottage cheese filling
- 25 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g cottage cheese
- sugar (I would use about a tablespoon and a half.)
- 1 pinch vanilla sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Batter: Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the egg and the egg yolks from the separated eggs.
- Add the milk, water, oil and nutmeg and mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the egg whites together with the salt until stiff, and fold into the batter.
- Filling: Cream the butter with the egg yolk and mix together with the cheese.
- Add the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Mix well.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add a little bit of milk.
- Putting It Together: Melt some of the butter over medium heat in a small frying pan.
- When it's hot, pour in about 2tbs of batter and cook on both sides until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in the oven at low heat.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Put a tablespoonful of filling on each pancake, fold over and serve hot.