Recipe by Um Safia
Nalenski are very traditional thin pancakes in Poland and come with a huge variety of fillings (and toppings). This recipe is for crepes filled with fresh apple. Posted for ZWT 4.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 tablespoons flour
- 2 large tart apples
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the filling to start off with:.
- Cook apples with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Mash apples slightly until it resembles course applesauce. Set aside & allow to cool.
- For the crepes:.
- Beat eggs. Mix sugar, salt and flour well together and stir quickly into the eggs. Add milk and beat hard. Have ready one or more heavy six inch crepe pans, lightly buttered and well heated.
- Pour just enough batter into each to cover the bottom of the pan when it is tilted and swirled.
- Shake the crepes over the fire until they are slightly browned on the bottom and firm to the touch on top. Do not turn. Put them aside to cool. This may be done several hours before serving.
- Fill crepes and roll up. Place on buttered baking dish and brush well with melted butter.
- Mix sugar with bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over top. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.