Recipe by basia1
A Polish crepe that can be breakfast, a dessert (with jam), or a meal, with any filling you like.
Top Review by Steph_40135
Mmm...My Babcia makes these, but she has ALWAYS served the Nalesniki with sugar sprinkled on top. If she had it, she would also serve with applesauce (that she made). Can't wait to make this!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Cottage Cheese Filling
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons rich cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 drop vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add milk and water, and beat to mix.
- Add flour and salt, beat to mix.
- Heat a small frying pan (~6inches) on Medium heat.
- Melt a tbsp of butter, coating the pan.
- Add about 3 tbsp of the batter.
- Cook the bottom side only.
- Remove from pan and place on large patter until ready to fill.
- Repeat until all mix is gone.
- Add 2 tbsp filling to pancake.
- Roll up 'jelly style' (like a taco).
- Place in a buttered 9x13 pan and cover with foil.
- Place in a 250°F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cream Cheese filling: Mix eggs with cheese.
- Add sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.