Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This is a fast dish that you can use up those leftover boiled or mashed potatoes in or boil some up to use here. Tastes just like a baked potato without the jacket- NAKED and mixed with all the yummy toppings you normally put inside it all mixed up and baked up hot and ooozzyyy gooozzzyyy! A very Texas type dish!
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces bacon bits (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, slice and cook potatoes until tender or use an equal amount of leftover potatoes.
- Mash potatoes by hand with a potato masher just to break them up.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Bake in oven at 350F until hot and bubbly.
- Turn broiler on to brown top if desired.