This is a fast dish that you can use up those leftover boiled or mashed potatoes in or boil some up to use here. Tastes just like a baked potato without the jacket- NAKED and mixed with all the yummy toppings you normally put inside it all mixed up and baked up hot and ooozzyyy gooozzzyyy! A very Texas type dish!
- Peel, slice and cook potatoes until tender or use an equal amount of leftover potatoes.
- Mash potatoes by hand with a potato masher just to break them up.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Bake in oven at 350F until hot and bubbly.
- Turn broiler on to brown top if desired.
A real comfort food. My family loved these potatoes. I made exactly as posted and they were inhaled. Thanks for posting mama.
Loved the flavor combo's here Lori. I knew my guys would like it as they are such cheese freaks and of course love there taters. I made the potatoes from scratch and have left-overs that I will top on a casserole this week. Nothing goe to waste here!!Thanks again and this one will go under Favorites! Oh and I will say that I used grated PepperJack cheese instead of cheddar in the potatoes and grated sharp cheddar for the top. Only because of what I had on hand and preferences.