Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just got back from a vacation in China and found recipes for Home-Style Dim Sum in my Sunset magazine. I can't wait to try them all! These little dumplings are naked because they have no wrapper. You can serve them with soy sauce, panzu, or a dipping sauce.
- In a food processor, whirl 1/4 lb. shrimp until not quite a smooth paste.
- Add remaining 1/4 lb. shrimp and pulse to chop coarsely.
- Pulse in chives.
- Divide mixture into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and place in parchment-lined steamers (see How to Steam Dim Sum, below).
- Steam dumplings until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- How to Steam Dim Sum: Measure your steamer basket and choose a pot with a diameter at least 2 inches wider.
- To keep dumplings from sticking, cut a circle of parchment paper 1 inches smaller in diameter than the basket (so steam can flow up around the edges) and fit it inches
- Pour enough water into pot to come 1 inches up side and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Fill basket with dim sum first, then set it in the pot.
- Cover and cook, adding hot water as needed.