Recipe by mrsheathbar
No ketchup, cheese or sauces on top. My first attempt to measure ingredients while cooking meatloaf.
- 12 saltines
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn blend
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Crush saltines.
- Put saltines, spices/herbs and seasonings in large bowl. Mix.
- Whisk together eggs and soy sauce.
- Add ground beef to cracker mixture. Mix with hands thoroughly until crumbly.
- Pour egg mixture on top. Mix thoroughly with hands.
- Transfer to glass pie plate. Press down around edges to make a "moat".
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Use baster to remove as much juice as possible.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes to absorb juices.