1/1 Photo of Naked Eggplant Parmesan
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Boy is it hard to find an eggplant Parmesan recipe that is not breaded and fried. This is a recipe I created to accomplish just that
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice ends from the eggplant, then slice long ways into 1/2 inch slices. (Appx 8).
- 2Salt both sides and lay on a tray for 1/2 hour.
- 3Rinse slices and pat dry.
- 4Use Olive Oil mister to mist both sides of the eggplant (or brush on with a pastry brush).
- 5Place cooking spray in a pan and heat pan to medium high. Cook eggplant a few at a time until golden and brown on both sides.
- 6Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and lay browned eggplant in a single layer on the pan.
- 7Evenly distribute the romano and shredded mozzarella over the pieces.
- 8Top each piece with 1/4 cup of Marinara.
- 9Slice the fresh mozzarella into 16 slices, and place 2 on each eggplant.
- 10Place one large (or two small) basil leaves on top of the mozzarella.
- 11Spray a piece of foil, and place over the tray.
- 12Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 13Uncover and bake another 15 - 20 minutes.
- 14To serve, stack two eggplant slices on a plate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Naked Eggplant Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.2
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 1547.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g