Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a low carb throw-together that happened after I got home late from work and missed dinner.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 slices bacon, thick slice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, bottled
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- thyme, to taste
- Dijon mustard, to taste
- Add bacon to a skillet to render out bacon grease. When bacon is done, pull out to side, and retain grease.
- Add chicken to skillet and fry, flipping to both sides.
- Once the chicken has browned on both sides, butterfly by cutting down the length of the chicken, but not completely in half. Season with garlic, pepper, and thyme.
- Fry, flipping sides until the chicken has reached a safe temperature to eat.
- While frying, eat one slice of bacon, because you're only going to need one. You are hungry, after all.
- On the "inside" of the butterflied chicken, add cheese, bacon, cheese. Then close the butterfly, and add the remainder of the cheese to the top.
- Serve hot with sliced avocado and dijon mustard.