I got this idea from Suzanne Somers in her book Fast & Easy. She uses chicken and adds some spices I'm not crazy about. I changed the recipe around to suit my tastes, and it's perfect for those of us Somersizing and on other low carb diets. Naked? That comes from the fact that these babies are pure filling, no wonton skins at all.
My Private Note
naked w ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the ingredients except for the oil until well combined and evenly distributed.
- 2Heat the oil to 375 degrees F in a deep fat fryer.
- 3I don't have a deep fat fryer, so I just heat a small pot with oil and wait until a sacrificial cube of bread goes brown quickly. That tells me the oil is hot enough.
- 4Carefully place a heaping teaspoon of the beef mixture into the hot oil.
- 5Cook in small batches, don't crowd the naked wontons, they're shy.
- 6Remove from the oil, and drain on paper towels.
- 7I like to have these with a little prepared wasabi and soy sauce (sushi style).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Naked Beef Wontons -- Low Carb Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 67.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g