Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this idea from Suzanne Somers in her book Fast & Easy. She uses chicken and adds some spices I'm not crazy about. I changed the recipe around to suit my tastes, and it's perfect for those of us Somersizing and on other low carb diets. Naked? That comes from the fact that these babies are pure filling, no wonton skins at all.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the oil until well combined and evenly distributed.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F in a deep fat fryer.
- I don't have a deep fat fryer, so I just heat a small pot with oil and wait until a sacrificial cube of bread goes brown quickly. That tells me the oil is hot enough.
- Carefully place a heaping teaspoon of the beef mixture into the hot oil.
- Cook in small batches, don't crowd the naked wontons, they're shy.
- Remove from the oil, and drain on paper towels.
- I like to have these with a little prepared wasabi and soy sauce (sushi style).