Top Review by Gerry
My first chicken soup using chicken breasts and milk and most assuredly it will not be the last! I sampled a little dish before adding the milk and it was really good that way as well. A couple of my young 'taste testers' were a little skeptical at first with the addition of the milk but soon found they loved it and changed their rating to a big five! One could tell because there was not a drop left over! The ingredients made for great new tasting soup for us and that is a plus! Thank you for sharing this recipe Najwa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium potato, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into 0.5 inch cubes
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and cook until softened but not browned.
- Add garlic, potato, chicken, carrot, salt, pepper and thyme, cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken stock and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk, lemon and parsley, heat through and serve.