Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this one from my sister.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, melted in 1 cup boiling water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic (if using).
- Add the chicken and cook on each side for about a minute, then pour in the water mixture and cook, turning until there is no liquid left.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Use the lemon juice to make some gravy (add more butter if you like), then pour the gravy on the chicken.
- My sister serves this with french fries.
I tried this recipe and really enjoyed it!! However, as a substitute for butter I find it just as delicious to saute the onions in some of the chicken broth. This dish went very well with rice, either steamed or cooked in broth to add flavor. Overall a very good recipe.
This was a nice way to prepare chicken breasts. I added some freshly grated ginger, which was a good compliment to the lemon. Thanks!
This was good, and I liked how the lemon flavor wasn't overpowering... it was just enough. Thanks for sharing.