Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Kenya.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Flavorful seasoned salt recipe and one to be used again. I was unsure of the sugar but it seemed to add a nice carmel hint when grilled on a nice sirloin steak for hubby and myself. The flavors blended well and this was easy to make from cupboard ingredients. Much nicer than the store bought as I can monitor salt intake. I bet this ould be grat as a rub prior to making soups and stews. I will use it thus when fall comes around again. YUMMY! Made for the Shady Ladies ZWT 2011
- 1⁄2 cup coarse salt, kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper, coarse
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, black pepper, red pepper, sugar, and ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Put into a storage container for barbecues.
- Rub this mixture into the fatty parts of the ribs, pork, or skins of chickens with the fingers.
- Cook meat over grill until done.
- Meats should never be basted with sauces, or oil.
- If your meat appears to be dry, keep a light salad oil ready to brush on during cooking.