Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
After using this stuff I needed a cheaper way of doing it. Now that it is available in some stores the cost might still be too steep for all.
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Boil mixture until it reaches 250°F.
- Pour into a jar (make sure the jar is hot so that the glass doesn't shatter).
- When ready to use, microwave for about 10-20 seconds to soften.
- Use while warm and apply with popsicle stick in direction of hair growth.
- Apply cotton strip.
- Firmly rub in the direction of hair growth.
- Hold skin taut and quickly rip in the opposite hair growth direction.
I've used Nads for several years but shuddered at the cost each time I purchased it. I've tried several homemade recipes and this is the closest I've come to the real thing - WITH ONE CHANGE. The recipe says to cook it to 250*. That's "hard ball" candy stage. Once it cools your mixture is much too thick, requiring you to reheat it (for much longer than 20 seconds) every time you want to use it. Instead, cook it to just barely "soft ball" stage, 235*. You'll need to warm it a bit (closer to the 10-20 seconds stated) to get it the right consistency, which should be a very thick, sticky syrup - say twice as thick as honey. It works wonderfully, and I don't have to pay an arm and a leg anymore. Thank you!
I doubled the recipe and this stuff works great, never agin am I buying hair remover at the store. You have saved me tons of money! This stuff is great!
LOVE IT!!! It works better than anything else I have used. A million thanks!