Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kamal kakri is a favourite amongst Sindhi people! I watched this on Star Plus this morning on the cooking show 'Mirch Masala'.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds in powdered form)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 -4 cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cups sliced nadru (kamal kakri)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon desi ghee
- 1 pinch hing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 -3 green chilies, chopped
- Heat 2 cups of water in a skillet.
- Add saunf powder, cinnamon powder, black and green cardamoms, ginger powder, cloves, cumin seeds and salt to taste.
- Stir once.
- Add sliced kamal kakri and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the gramflour in the yogurt.
- Add gramflour-yogurt mixture to the skillet.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower flame and allow to cook on medium flame while you prepare the seasoning.
- To prepare the seasoning, heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add hing (asafoetida powder), cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Allow the cumin seeds to crackle.
- Stir once.
- Remove from heat.
- Add seasoning mixture to skillet.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with white Basmati rice.
PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS RECIPE. We made it tonight, it's horrible :(