This comes from Nadine's Restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky. This recipe does call for chicken base, which is a thick paste sold in plastic tubs in the refrigerator or freezer section of specialty markets. Also, because this is a 4 layer lasagna (4 noodle layers), the thinner, no pre-cooking needed style noodles work best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon chicken base
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 2 (9 ounce) packages no-boil lasagna noodles (enough for 4 layers in the dish)
- 1In a skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add the diced chicken and cook until it just begins to brown, about 5-8 minute.
- 3Add the mushrooms, toss to combine, and set aside.
- 4In another pan over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer.
- 5Stir in the chicken base.
- 6When chicken base has dissolved, whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted.
- 7Whisk in the cornstarch 1 Tbs at a time until the sauce is very thick - thick enough to flow slowly in thick ribbons from the whisk.
- 8In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and the eggs.
- 9Stir in the cubed provolone.
- 10Heat the oven to 400ºF.
- 11Assemble the lasagna in a 9x11" lasagna pan.
- 12Ladle in just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 13Add a layer of no-cook lasagna noodles.
- 14Top noodles with a thin layer of the sauce.
- 15Then layer half of the ricotta mixture.
- 16Add another layer of noodles.
- 17Another thin layer of sauce.
- 18Now add all of the chicken and mushrooms in a layer.
- 19Cover that with another layer of noodles.
- 20Ladle in more sauce over that noodle layer.
- 21Top with the rest of the ricotta mixture.
- 22One more layer of noodles is finally topped by the rest of the sauce.
- 23Cover with foil and bake for 25 minute.
- 24Remove the foil and bake for a few min more if you want the top to brown a little more.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nadine's White Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.9
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 316.3 mg
- Sodium 773.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles