Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my great aunt's recipe. I form bigger meatballs when I serve them as the main dish.
- 1 lb hamburger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Using your hands, mix the meatball ingredients until well combined.
- Form into 12 meatballs and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Easy and quick and tastes good too. I doubled the sauce so that there was some to put over the rice. The meatballs are a very soft texture. That possibly was due to the extra sauce they sat in throughout the cooking time. However, I think next time I will cut back the milk a little bit. All that said, we really enjoyed this dinner. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC 2010.