Recipe by Essie Jane
Because this recipe uses a boxed cake mix, it is very easy to put together. This is great for breakfast or for dessert. Our friend, Nadine (who used to own a bakery) gave us this recipe.
- 1 (1 lb) boxed yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) boxed vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- .Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter according to pakage directions, adding pudding mix along with water, oil, and eggs.
- Grease and flour 13x9" pan.
- Pour half of the batter into pan.
- In separate bowl,combine brown sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle 3/4 of mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Pour and spread the rest of the cake mix over the layer of cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cut butter into remaining cinnamon and brown sugar mix, then add the white sugar. Sprinkle over top of cake batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.