Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nadia is my thirteen year old daughter and this is her recipe. She loves to cook this for lunch, simple and quick!
- 2 kg potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 500 g cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cut potaoes into small cubes (about the size of a sugar cube).
- Peel and chop onion.
- Cook onion in olive oil over a medium heat until softened, not brown.
- Add potatoes to the same pan and mix them with the onion.
- Keep stirring for about a minute.
- Add the water, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and let it cook over a gentle heat.
- When the water disappears the potatoes should be done.
- Just before the potatoes are too soft add the cooked chicken and curry powder.
- Stir gently so that the potatoes keep their'cubed' shape.
I left the chicken out of this and made it for a side dish. The recipe intrigued me, it is certainly a different way to cook potatoes. We loved them! The curry is so good on these, and the potatoes were tender and very flavorful. I let them get brown before adding the water. They were kind of like cubed hash browns, but with a lot better taste. Thanks for the recipe, Angela Sara!
Excellent.. Using the meat from one boneless chicken breast, and adding a side of sliced tomatoes, I enjoyed a wonderful solo lunch. One medium potato cooked in 1/2 cup of water was fork tender in about 6 minutes. Thank You, Nadia for perking up an old man's day.
My whole family loved this, and I have a very picky husband. Will definitly be making this again! YUMMY.