Recipe by Angela Sara
Nadia is my thirteen year old daughter and this is her recipe. She loves to cook this for lunch, simple and quick!
Top Review by MizzNezz
I left the chicken out of this and made it for a side dish. The recipe intrigued me, it is certainly a different way to cook potatoes. We loved them! The curry is so good on these, and the potatoes were tender and very flavorful. I let them get brown before adding the water. They were kind of like cubed hash browns, but with a lot better taste. Thanks for the recipe, Angela Sara!
- 2 kg potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 500 g cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potaoes into small cubes (about the size of a sugar cube).
- Peel and chop onion.
- Cook onion in olive oil over a medium heat until softened, not brown.
- Add potatoes to the same pan and mix them with the onion.
- Keep stirring for about a minute.
- Add the water, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and let it cook over a gentle heat.
- When the water disappears the potatoes should be done.
- Just before the potatoes are too soft add the cooked chicken and curry powder.
- Stir gently so that the potatoes keep their'cubed' shape.