1/3 Photos of Nadav's Delicious Challah
2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 50 mins
My friend Debbie Yakobian's son Nadav is in the Israeli army. He brought home this recipe and Debbie has started making it every Friday for the Sabbath. My family and I have been fans of this challah and today I finally got the recipe. My challahs are cooling now but we just couldn't resist and had a taste -- delicious! In spite of the fact that there are no eggs in the dough itself, the challahs are very rich tasting. Just think of what they can do for your French toast or bread pudding!
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all the ingredients (except for the egg and the sesame seeds) in a bowl and knead until a good smooth dough has been achieved.
- 2You can either do this by hand or in a counter-top mixer with a dough hook.
- 3Place the dough in a bowl and let rise for one hour.
- 4During this one hour, punch down and knead the dough every 15 minutes.
- 5Divide the dough into the amount of loaves you want, then divide each piece into 3 and start braiding.
- 6Place the braids on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 7Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 8Let rise for another 1/2 an hour.
- 9In the meantime, preheat the oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F).
- 10Bake the braids for 1/2 an hours.
- 11The dough is almost idiot-proof.
- 12It comes out smooth and gorgeous and the challahs are amazing.
- 13Very addictive.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nadav's Delicious Challah
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g