Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This taco casserole was just plain old taco casserole to my DD until we renamed it Naco, a creation of the Kim Possible TV show. Suddenly it was a hit! Go figure.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- black olives
- Brown ground beef, green pepper and onion. Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning as directed on package.
- Spread 1 cup crushed corn chips on the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- Top with refried beans. *Tip- mix these to make them easier to handle and drop by small spoonfuls. You can't spread the beans on the chips without spreading all the chips.
- Top with taco meat mixture and cheddar.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and heated through.
- Top with favorite taco toppings, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.
- I put french dressing on top of mine for a taco salad.