Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Well, the tofu is thawed, now what? Let's add some of this and some of that and see how it comes out. Your this's and that's may be different from ours!
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- hot sauce (optional)
- tortilla chips
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- Chop tofu into 1/4" dice.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and tofu until onion is tender.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, black beans and hot sauce if you desire.
- Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes, adjusting seasoning to your taste.
- Layer tortilla chips on serving platter.
- Spoon chili on top of chips and top with cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
This was good! I halved the recipe, served over peppercorn ranch sun chips. Delish! Thanks! Made for the Adopt a Veggie game in the Vegetarian forum.