Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sweet, creamy and fruity dessert nacho to serve as an appetizer, after your hot and spicy Mexican meal or to serve as a special treat at breakfast.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 large kiwi fruits, peeled and diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple, tidbits drained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine chopped and drained fruit in a small bowl.
- Cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Brush 1 tortilla at a time lightly with water on both sides.
- Cut tortilla into 6 wedges.
- Dip one side of the tortilla wedges into the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet, sugared side up.
- Bake in a 500 degree oven until wedges are crisp and golden (3 to 4 minutes) Cool slightly on racks while preparing the rest of the wedges.
- While wedges are baking, combine cream cheese, orange juice and honey in a 2 qt sauce pan.
- Stir over low heat until sauce is smooth.
- To serve nachos, mound chips on individual serving plates.
- Pour some of the sauce over chips.
- Top with fruit salsa.