This is great as an appetizer or as a casual main dish for 4 to 6 people. Prep and cook times approximate. Serving amount is for appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 corn tortillas
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese (12 ounces)
- 3/4 cup bottled taco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 avocado, peeled,seeded and mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Cut tortillas into sixths.
- 2Fry in deep hot oil until crisp.
- 3Drain on paper towels and salt to taste.
- 4Remove casing from sausage and crumble into a skillet.
- 5Saute sausage, ground beef and onion until meat is lightly browned.
- 6Drain off grease and add salt to taste.
- 7Use a large oven-proof baking dish or platter, about 10x15 inches or equivalent area.
- 8Spread refried beans on baking dish and top evenly with meat mixture.
- 9Cover with chiles, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 10Drizzle taco sauce over cheese.
- 11This may be covered and refrigerated at this point for later use.
- 12Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until hot.
- 13Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions.
- 14Put a mound of mashed avocado in the center.
- 15Put dollops of sour cream over all.
- 16Tuck fried tortilla pieces all around edges of platter and serve.
- 17Keep it warm over a warming tray, if serving as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nachos Para Sopear
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.4
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 862.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g