Recipe by Ppaperdoll
I've had this recipe clipped for over 10 years and never tried it. I've lost track of the source now, but it looks like it was from one of those little supermarket cookbooks.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 ounces tortilla chips (about 30 chips)
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill Directions: Heat grill. For grill pan, layer two 18X16 inch sheets of heavy duty foil and fold edges 1 1/2 inches inwards. Fod all edges upright to form sides of a pan and pinch corners together.
- In food processor fitted with metal blade or blender, combine black beans and salsa. Process until smooth. Spread each tortilla chip with 1 Tbsp bean mixture. Place in a single layer in foil grill pan. Sprinkle with tomato, onions, and cheese.
- When ready to grill, place pan on a gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chees is melted. Serve immediately.
- To Oven Cook: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare recipe as directed above, but using a baking pan rather than the foil one. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until cheese is melted.