Recipe by Sabrinaromeo
"I love making this appetizer for all my parties...I get tons of requests and its a perfect finger food!"
Top Review by Luke Warm
I have been making these for as long as I can remember. I also put the meat on, then refried beans, one slice of olive, placing a small peice of jalapeno inside the olive, on top of that I place a small peice of tomato. After all that I top them of with a drizzle of velveta sauce, then finishing them with some grated chedder cheese. Pop these bad boys in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minuets. I always make about 50-60 of these. It takes awile but so worth it. As for them getting soggy, they do. I keep the ones I don't eat in the fridge, and pop them in the oven at 425 degrees for 5 1/2 minutes, they crisp up nicely.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 250 ml salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Tostitos Scoops
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup guacamole
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef on medium to high heat in a non stick pan until brown and no longer pink.
- Drain the ground beef and rinse your pan and add beef back to your pan.
- Pour the jar of Salsa into beef mixture and let simmer until the beef fully absorbs the sauce. The longer you let simmer the better it will taste.
- While the mixture is cooking, heat oven to 350 degrees and place a cooking sheet on any flat oven pan. Place the Tostitos scoop cups facing up in on the pan.
- Once the mixture is ready you can spoon it into Tostitos scoop cups and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Cook in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Place each scoop cup on a platter and you can either leave sour cream or guacamole on the side or add to each cup.