Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Nachos cooked on tostados with beans, chili and cheese. Great for the game with cold beer. This is really good with leftover fajita meat, shredded chicken, cripy bacon, bbq brisket, pulled pork or taco meat. Another twist is subsitute chopped chipotles in adobo sauce instead of sliced jalepenos. You can always cut the tostados after pulling from oven and let guest apply thier own toppings.
- 6 tostados (flat whole tortillia chips)
- 12 ounces refried beans (pinto or black bean puree)
- 6 ounces fajita meat (optional)
- 4 ounces hot dog chili (i use Wolf brand)
- 4 ounces melted Velveeta cheese
- 9 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces sliced jalapenos (pickled or fresh also good chopped)
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces guacamole (or sliced avocados)
- 6 ounces pico de gallo
- Pre-heat broiler rack on top.
- Heat beans on stove top or microwave.
- Heat chilli and cut up chunks of velveta on stovetop or microwave to create a dip.
- Shred cheese.
- Lay tostadas flat on baking sheet.
- Spread beans on tostadas.
- Spread chili cheese dip on tostadas.
- Optional fajita meat (chicken or beef) placed on top of tostadas.
- Spinkle Colby Jack on top of tostadas.
- Place Jalepenos on top of tostada.
- Place in oven untill cheese has thoroughly melted but not burned tostadas this does not take long with a broiler.
- Take out of oven.
- Top with sour cream.
- Top with avocado slices.
- Top with pico de gallo.
- Using a large knife slice tostadas in quarters and place on serving dish.