Recipe by Diane Ludy
A low fat version of spicy cheese dip and chips, this idea came out of nostalgia for college-style "dinner" from 7-11 after a late night at the bar.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 4 slices fat-free American cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers
- baked corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven broiler.
- Make a roux by cooking the flour and butter in a non-stick pan at medium heat, stir constantly for approx 4 minutes.
- Add milk, cream cheese and american cheese to roux and continue heating until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle in the garlic salt and sea salt.
- Add a few tablespoons of the juice from the picked jalapeno jar, to taste.
- Continue heating on low for another 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, crisp the chips under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Top chips with cheese and as many jalapeno peppers as you can stand.
- Serve in a flimsy plastic compartment bowl for extra authenticity!