Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is a super simple and delicious nacho dip recipe made in your crockpot. Everyone simply LOVES this when we take it to gatherings. We got this recipe out of a Fix it and Forget it cookbook.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Our plans changed because of the hurricane so I needed something quick and easy. I had frozen cooked taco filling in the freezer and used my homemade refried beans. I didn't add the onions and I cooked this on the stove. We all enjoyed this while watching the Nascar race and riding out the storm.
- 1 lb ground beef (or venison)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 pint taco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (or try jalapeno refried beans for a kick)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onions in saucepan. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients except tortilla chips and sour cream in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour stirring occasionally until cheese if fully melted.
- Serve warm (can be left in crockpot on low) with chips and sour cream.