Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From my "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes from Edina, MN in 1995.
- 5 (8 inch) flour tortillas or 5 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 -5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a bread board, stack all the tortillas together.
- Slice the whole stack into eighths to make a total of 40 wedges.
- Spread evenly in a single layer on 2 medium baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until wedges are dry and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, chili peppers, chili powder, and Tabasco sauce.
- Spoon tomato mixture over toasted wedges; top each wedge with cheese.
- Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
- Broil one baking sheet at a time, 4 to 5 inches from heat, for approximately 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place on a platter and serve immediately.