Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My DG and I like Mac 'N' Cheese since it is so easy to make and filling. However, we like it a bit spicier than most and thought..."how would it taste if we added Nacho Cheese Sauce instead of cheddar etc.?" Well, let me tell you, this is quite spicy. (well, we think so). Hope you enjoy it too
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1 (15 ounce) can nacho cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chile, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 8 ounces ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (use Emeril Lagasse's Essence)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook macaroni in water to al dente.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown beef in skillet with the chilies, onion, garlic, and Essence.
- Drain the beef.
- After pasta is cooked to doneness, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef and the nacho cheese sauce. Mix together and serve.
I have a huge can of nacho cheese and was looking for a way to use it in some recipes. This was really good - fast and easy, too! I doubled the recipe and baked in a 9x13 pan. Thanks for sharing!
I should have made this ages ago. It ain't gourmet- but I sure enjoyed it. White trash cookin' in it's finest hour. You must wear an oversized night shirt and pink bunny slippers while watching "Cops" to fully appreciate this dish.