Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
It doesn't get much easier then this. My son plays in a band and they practice at our house a lot. This is a favorite of the boys and of mine because it is so easy to make.
- 1 (13 ounce) bag Doritos
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook hamburger until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and water and cook about 5 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- Spray 9x13 pan with PAM. Put a layer of Doritos on bottom of pan (I don't use a whole bag). Smash down a bit but don’t crumble them. Add taco meat to top of Doritos and top with cheese.
- Heat in an oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Quick and simple! I added red peppers and celery to bulk it up a little. It seemed like so little to put into a 9x13 pan so I put it in an 8in square. DH was crying that there wasn't anymore lol
This is so quick and easy and really it's not different than having a taco. DH does this all the time with crushed chips on his plate, taco meat, and cheese. He's good to go. Sometimes he adds tomatoes and onions. A little ketchup or salsa or Tabasco for a little kick. Thanks for an easy one for supper tonight bonnette! Made for PRMR~
I had no problem with soggy chips either. Quick, Easy, and delish!