Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like nachos, only with potato rounds instead of tortilla chips!
Make and share this Nacho Spuds recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds (I prefer golds or reds)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- one 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- green onion
- hot sauce or salsa
- 1. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the beans, taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons water. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring, until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove potatoes from oven, sprinkle half of the cheddar on top, spoon on the meat mixture, then top with the tomatoes and remaining cheddar. Place in the oven and turn off the heat. Let stand until the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Pull out of the oven and dot with sour cream, sprinkle on green onions, lettuce, olives and hot sauce according to taste.