Recipe by Lainey39
This makes a delicious dinner. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by Jug O'Mud
I clipped this from Rachael Ray's magazine. My family agreed that it was worth posting here, but found you'd beat me to it! Great recipe. It has a little unexpected touch of the sliced potatoes--different, indeed, but works well with this dish. I used Recipe #2642 , added a wee bit more meat and served salsa and Chobani (love that stuff!) in lieu of sour cream. Delish!
- 2 large baking potatoes (1 1/2 pounds total, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- sour cream, for serving
- shredded lettuce, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 2 T olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining 1/2 T olive oil and the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the beans, taco seasoning and 2 T water.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring, until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to an ovenproof platter.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar on top, spoon on the meat mixture, then top with tomatoes and remaining cheddar.
- Place in the oven and turn off the heat.
- Let stand until the cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with the sour cream and lettuce.