Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
what do you call soup that isn't yours? better guard this one. can also be made with less milk and call it a dip
- 10 ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup (one can)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces 1% low-fat milk (3/4 of the empty can)
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (more or less depending on taste and the heat of your chili)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed
- 10 tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup Yve's veggie ground round (optional)
- 3 tablespoons black olives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons refried beans (optional)
- 1⁄3 avocado, cubed (optional)
- saute onions in a little oil till starting to brown.
- add everything else but the chips and simmer on med-low till cheese melts and flavors combine, watch it doesn't boil over! stir several times during cooking.
- serve topped with chips. goes well with a simple green salad.